Subject: Re: Independant channels (was Re: LW 5.0 new features)
From: [email-masked]
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 10:12:02 -0700

On Fri, 26 Apr 1996, Sean Moyer <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>         That's the part that is so frustrating:  Allen could simply (!) 
insert
>> "virtual" null objects for every LW entity and achieve the same thing-- very
>> ugly code perhaps but at least we'd have independant channels.
>
>Not really.  When you start adding nullpoints,  it becomes too difficult to 
gloabal 
>keyframes for an object.  With true independent channels,  you can rough out 
your paths 
>by keyframing all channels at once (like LW does now)

	Well, I assume that if Allen added this functionality, he would AT LEAST 
include functions to keyframe each channel in any combination simultaneously.  
If I remember correctly, when you create a keyframe in 3ds, for instance, the 
requestor that pops up gives you the option to create a Tran/Rot/Scale/ALL 
keyframe.  I would assume that Allen would do at least that, plus the usual LW 
function of specifying which frame, etc.

>Try doing this with nine separate null points for each channel,  and you will 
>soon go absolutely insane.

	Like I said, blah blah blah.  What I mean is that the CAPABILITY is 
already there.

******************************************************************************
** [email-masked]     |     Synergy Graphix & Animation -- Seattle     **